Monday, February 18, 2013

Last Teaser from Plastic Hearts

This one is a little steamier than previous teasers...not recommended for the younger crowd;)

Release: March 1, 2013

I heard Dane clear his throat from across the table and looked up to find him staring at me. “Do you need help with something?”
He had a glint in his eyes, those beautiful green eyes. “Actually, yes, can you see if you can find a book on Salvador Dali? I suck at finding books in the library; it’s like the road less traveled without a map.”
“But they have a whole system,” I said. I thought that learning the Dewey Decimal System was a pretty standard part of elementary school education. Maybe it wasn’t in New York.
“I know, I just don’t have time to learn it today. Please. I’m buying you a pizza later,” he said before sticking his lower lip out at me. How could I say no to that?
“Fine, I’ll be right back.” I walked through a few aisles to the back of the library. This was definitely a less utilized area of the library. The books all looked and smelled old. When I was younger, I used to go into my grandparent’s library and pull books from the shelf to smell them. Some people liked the smell of gasoline or rubber cement, but for me it was always the smell of old books. The old leather bound ones smelled the best. I couldn’t help myself when I grabbed a black leather Art History 1800-1899 book from the shelf and inhaled its scent. 
I had completely lost touch with all reality, when I felt big strong arms wrap around my waist. Turning around quickly, I saw Dane standing in front of me with a huge grin on his face. “What are you doing over here? I thought you didn’t know your way around the library?” There was a bit more annoyance in my voice than I intended, but he had just taken me away from my “moment”.
“I know my way around the library; we learned that back in elementary school.” He was still grinning at me and I was not seeing the humor in this. He definitely had other things on his mind. They weren’t the smartest, considering the circumstances.
“But-” I started. He placed a finger on my lips and moved us back so I was up against the bookcase. He replaced his finger with his lips and I was temporary frozen in place. I couldn’t believe my boyfriend was kissing me in the library in the middle of the day. Alexandra Riley did not do this, but after thinking about if for a split second I realized that Alex Riley would so do this and I wrapped my arms around his neck. The electricity between us was uncontrollable and I felt like I’d combust at any moment. 
He walked us into a dark corner where he began to move his hands up to my breasts. “Dane!” A light chuckle escaped his mouth, but he didn’t stop and God knows I really didn’t want him to. I felt all self-control and self-consciousness leave my body as I wrapped my legs around his waist. I was not sure who started it, but our bodies began to move slightly and it created a friction between my legs that had me biting his shoulder a few minutes later. A week ago I hadn’t even had sex, and now I was having orgasms in the library. 
When I had calmed down, Dane stood me on my feet and helped me straighten out my clothes. I laughed as he worked to adjust himself. I felt bad that he didn’t get as much out of our little exchange as I did, but I wasn’t quite ready to take care of that problem in the library. 
I started to walk back to our table when Dane said my name. I turned around; he looked serious, but he was biting his lip to hold back an obvious smile. “Did you find that book?”
I walked toward him, stopping when our lips were only inches apart, “You seem to know your way around the library just fine”. I ran my eyes down his body before returning them to meet his. He wanted me to kiss him, his eyes were hooded and bore into me with enough passion for the both of us. 
When I turned to walk toward the table, he grabbed my wrist. “It was the glasses.”
“What?” I was genuinely confused.
“The glasses,” he repeated, pointing at them where they rested on top of my head. “They are sexy as hell and if you wear them to the library or anywhere else again, I’m going to-” He stopped. 
“Going to what?”
He pulled me close and whispered in my ear. “I’m going to fuck you and I won’t care who’s watching.” He released me and I walked back to the table in stunned silence. His words sent another shot of warmth through my body and a red tint to my face. He sat down with a big grin; part of me wanted to smack it off his face and part of me wanted to return it.

Add to GOODREADS

1 comment: