Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Plastic Hearts Teaser #1


I wasn’t looking forward to seeing Dane when Monday rolled around. Okay, maybe there was a small part of me that was looking forward to seeing him. He was the only person I had ever met that could excite me and frustrate me at the same time. I arrived before he did and waited for him to make his grand entrance. With Dane, everything was a grand entrance.
When he walked in wearing faded jeans that sat low on his hips and a charcoal grey Henley my mouth may have dropped open just a little bit. His eyes met mine and he smiled, showing me his signature dimple. “Good morning, I thought you should know that it kind of sucked not waking up with you in my bed this morning.” Did he really just say that to me? I looked around to make sure no one else heard him. I didn’t need the rumor mill kicked into high gear.
“Well, you are going to have many sucky mornings then,” I said, smirking as I pulled a notebook out of my bag.
“No Gorgeous, I think you’re wrong. I think my luck is about to change.” He winked, he seriously just winked at me and I felt the elusive butterflies fluttering in my stomach. The thought of spending more time with him excited me but it couldn’t happen. I wasn’t a fan of trying something when I knew it was destined to fail.
“Do you ever leave your arrogance at home or does it follow you wherever you go?” He laughed before leaning in so we were only inches apart. 
“This isn’t arrogance, I’m just honest and soon enough you’ll be honest with yourself and admit that you want me as much as I want you.” Did he just say he wants me? My cheeks had to be fire engine red at this point and I hoped he didn’t notice.
“You’re not my type,” I muttered, looking up but avoiding his eyes. He ran his hand through his short hair as he studied me with his intense eyes.
“Okay, why don’t you give me a chance before you draw any conclusions. Go out with me on Thursday night. There’s a DJ playing at the club that I’ve heard is really good and we already know that we move pretty well together,” he said, as he sat back in his chair, studying me intently. If he looked at me like that for too long, I was going to lose my resolve. I never understood how some guys got girls in their beds so quickly but if I was most other girls, that probably where I would be right now.
“Not going to happen.” I moved my eyes to my desk, tracing the faux wood marks with my finger before looking back up.
“Just one date and if you don’t have a good time, we don’t have to go out again but give me one night.”  I made the mistake of looking into his eyes then; they were pleading with me to say yes and I couldn’t look away this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment