Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Plastic Hearts Teaser #3


We took the short drive in silence.  I was content to steal occasional glances at him and breathe in his familiar smell.  Every time I stole a peak at him, he had an incredibly sexy smirk on his face.  I wasn’t sure if I was the cause of that smirk but I sure hoped so.
I pulled up in front of his building and a put my car in park, leaving the engine running.  “Do you want to come upstairs?”  He had a hopeful look on his face and I hated to wipe it off but I had homework to do and I wasn’t quite ready to be back in his apartment alone.
“I should really get back.  I have a paper to finish and it’s getting kind of late.”  I sent him a soft smile, which he returned.  I have never felt so much emotion from one smile.  There was something so genuine and warm about it and I tried to capture it in my mind to hold for later.
“I understand.”  He reached over and cupped my cheeks in his hands, planting a light kiss on my lips. “See you in class tomorrow, Baby”.
“I thought I was Gorgeous.”
“You are gorgeous, baby.” 
He rubbed his thumb over my lower lip and I couldn’t help but kiss it.  “I kind of like the sound of that,” I whispered, leaning into his hand.
“Goodnight, Baby.”
“Goodnight.”  He kissed me one more time before getting out of the car and disappearing into his building.
At this moment, I felt like everything was right in the world.  I felt something I had never felt before and if this was what following my heart felt like, I may never get back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment